Whatcom County 2019-20 Influenza Report
Weeks 19-20: May 3-16, 2020
Click here for the full Influenza Report for 2019-20 Weeks 19-20.
- The current 2019 Novel Coronavirus Outbreak (COVID-19) has likely impacted data.
- During weeks 19-20 there were no positive influenza tests reported by Family Care Network, PeaceHealth Medical Group Pediatric Clinic, or Sea Mar.
- There was one hospitalization related to influenza-like illness during weeks 19-20.
- No lab-confirmed deaths related to influenza were reported during weeks 19-20.
- Of the number of people presenting at the emergency department during week 20, 0.47% had influenza-like illnesses.
- There were no new influenza outbreaks reported by long term care facilities in Whatcom County.
- The outpatient sentinel clinics reported no influenza-like illness visits during weeks 19-20.
There have been 4 lab-confirmed, influenza-related deaths reported in Whatcom County to date this flu season.