- Be aware, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Western States Scientific Safety Review Workgroup recommend children 5-11 years should get a COVID-19 vaccine booster dose five months after completion of the primary series of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine. This recommendation comes after Food and Drug Administration (FDA) expanded its emergency use authorization (EUA) for Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine booster doses to 5 to 11-year-olds.
- Be aware, CDC strengthened its recommendation that people 12 years and older who are immunocompromised and those 50 years and older should get a second booster dose at least 4 months after their first booster dose.
- Be aware, DOH updated standing orders for the adult formulations of the Pfizer-BioNTech (Grey Cap) and (Purple Cap) and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines.
- Clinical considerations for the use of COVID-19 vaccine, CDC.
- Clinician outreach and communication activity (COCA) call slides, CDC.
- Booster dose updates, FDA.
- EUA and FDA-approved vaccine information:
- Washington State Department of Health updated standing orders for vaccines:
- COVID-19 vaccine locator, DOH.
- COVID-19 vaccine provider toolkit and resources, DOH.
- COVID-19 vaccination for providers, CDC.
- Clinical considerations for COVID-19 vaccination and guidance for managing anaphylaxis, CDC.
- COVID-19 vaccine quick reference guide for healthcare professionals, CDC.
- COVID-19 vaccine training module on best practices for providers, CDC.
- Training Resources for COVID-19 Vaccination Providers, DOH.
- Pediatric Healthcare Professionals COVID-19 Vaccination Toolkit, CDC.
- COVID-19 Media Toolkit to promote vaccination in children and youth, WAACP
Share with patients:
- What to do if you test positive for COVID-19, DOH.
- What to do if you were exposed to someone with COVID-19, DOH.
Contacting the Health Department
360-778-6100 Main Call Line – available M-F 8:30am to 4:30pm
360-715-2588 Afterhours Answering Service – available after 4:30pm and weekends
360-778-6150 Communicable Disease Report Line – 24 hours a day 7 days a week
360-778-6103 Confidential Communicable Disease Fax – 24 hours a day 7 days a week
1500 N State Street, Bellingham WA 98225