- Be aware, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Western States Scientific Safety Review Workgroup concluded COVID-19 vaccines are safe and effective for children as young as 6 months.
- Baby pediatric COVID-19 vaccine deliveries may be delayed.
- Wave 1 delivery delays will cause delays for waves 2 and 3 and additional orders placed this week.
- Continue to check Immunization Information System (IIS) for updated tracking information. Once the information is available, update Vaccine Locator.
- Medical updates and immunization site training for all healthcare providers, led by Pfizer vaccines.
- Continuing education course: Recommendations for Pfizer and Moderna COVID-19 vaccine primary series in children 6 months to 5 years old, CDC.
- Clinical considerations for the use of COVID-19 vaccine, CDC.
- Clinician outreach and communication activity (COCA) call slides, CDC.
- Booster dose updates, Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) and FDA-approved vaccine information:
- Washington State Department of Health (DOH) updated standing orders for COVID-19 vaccine:
- COVID-19 vaccine locator, DOH.
- COVID-19 vaccine provider toolkit and resources, DOH.
- COVID-19 vaccination for providers, CDC.
- Clinical considerations for COVID-19 vaccination and guidance for managing anaphylaxis, CDC.
- COVID-19 vaccine quick reference guide for healthcare professionals, CDC.
- COVID-19 vaccine training module on best practices for providers, CDC.
- Training resources for COVID-19 vaccine providers, DOH.
- Pediatric healthcare professional COVID-19 vaccination toolkit, CDC.
- COVID-19 media toolkit to promote vaccination in children and youth, Washington Chapter American Academy of Pediatrics (WCAAP).
Contacting the Health Department
360-778-6100 Main Call Line – available M-F 8:30am to 4:30pm
360-715-2588 Afterhours Answering Service – available after 4:30pm and weekends
360-778-6150 Communicable Disease Report Line – 24 hours a day 7 days a week
360-778-6103 Confidential Communicable Disease Fax – 24 hours a day 7 days a week
1500 N State Street, Bellingham WA 98225